The Katsina State Government invites all indigenous students to apply for the Katsina State Government Scholarship.
The Katsina state government funds this scholarship through the state’s Ministry of education.
If you are an indigenous student of Katsina state and attending a tertiary institution in the state, here is your opportunity to get financial aid to fund your education.
This article will give you relevant tips on applying and being considered for the Katsina State Government Scholarship.
Katsina State Government Scholarship: Everything You Need To Know
The Katsina State Government hosts this scholarship, funded through the state bursary and Ministry of education.
This scholarship is created to help indigenous students of the state get financial aid to fund their education.
Students from all tertiary institutions in Katsina state are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The amount awarded for this scholarship varies.
It covers the cost of tuition and other educational expenses of students.
Levels of Study
Undergraduate students in any school are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Fields of Study
All courses tenable at all tertiary institutions in the state are eligible to apply.
The following courses are eligible for this scholarship:
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering or System Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Petroleum Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Chemical Engineering
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Human Medicine and Surgery
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Dentistry and Dental Surgery
The Katsina State Government hosts this scholarship.
This scholarship is hosted and taken in Katsina State, Nigeria.
Indigenous students of Katsina state are open to applying for this scholarship.
Eligible Local Government Areas For Katsina State Government Scholarship
Here is a list of eligible local government areas In Katsina State that can apply for this scholarship.
- Baure, Nigeria
- Dan Musa
- Danja, Nigeria
- Dutsi, Nigeria
- Kafur, Nigeria
- Kaita, Nigeria
- Mani, Nigeria
- Rimi, Nigeria
- Zango, Nigeria
This scholarship is awarded to indigenous students undergoing undergraduate and postgraduate programs in any tertiary institution in the state.
Applicants must have completed SSCE or a first degree and have gained admission into any tertiary institution in Katsina state.
Only recognized and approved public and private-owned schools are qualified to apply, i.e., universities, Polytechnics, and College of Education.
Eligibility Requirements for Katsina State Government Scholarship
Applicants for the Katsina State Scholarship must meet some eligibility requirements to be considered for the scholarship.
- Be an indigene of Katsina State
- Be a full-time student of an approved institution in the country.
- Have completed secondary school and written their Senior Secondary Examination (SSCE).
- Be enrolled in any tertiary institutions in the state.
- Have good grades in O’level results (with a minimum of 5 credits in the five relevant subjects, including Maths and English)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0
Requirements for Katsina State Government Scholarship
The essential requirement for the scholarship is listed below.
- Complete an online scholarship application.
- Submit all the necessary documents.
- Undergo the assessment processes before you can be shortlisted
Applicants must submit these documents when applying for the Katsina State Scholarship.
- Certificate of State of Origin
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC)
- Senior School Certificate Examinations results (SSCE)
- JAMB admission letter
- School admission letter
- Birth Certificate
- Statement of result containing your CGPA.
- Recent passport photograph
- Students identification letter
- Students’ transcripts containing previous academic performance details.
- Students ID Card or National ID or Driver’s Licence or International passport.
- The functional E-mail address and phone number.
How to Apply for the Katsina State Government Scholarship
Application for this scholarship is made online.
Application Due Date
The deadline for the submission of the application is not available.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the scholarship site for updates and apply as soon as the portal is open.
Tips to Apply and Win the Katsina State Government Scholarship
Refer to the tips below to have a successful application and stand a better chance of being considered for the award.
- Confirm your eligibility: As the scholarship is made available for the indigenous students of Katsina state enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate school, ensure you fall into this category before clicking the apply button.
- Meet the requirements: The scholarship requirements are the most for you to meet. Ensure that you meet the requirements of the scholarships to know what to expect, and you can equip yourself accordingly.
- Begin your application early: The application for this scholarship is not available at this moment. You are advised to commence your application as soon as the application portal opens. Starting your application sooner will give you enough edge to be at the forefront, and you get enough time to gather all the required materials.
- Keep track of the application deadline and make sure that you submit all the required materials before the due date.
- Follow the instructions on the scholarship website or the scholarship committee to avoid nullifying your application.
- Before submitting your application, ensure that you proofread your application and all other materials to ensure no errors and that everything is in order.
- Follow up on your application with the scholarship committee to show them that you are interested in the scholarship and willing to put in the extra effort.
Benefits of Katsina State Government Scholarship
The Katsina state government organizes this scholarship to:
- Grant easy access to postsecondary editions for both residents and indigene of the state.
- Give opportunities for students to overseas programs that will enrich their intellectual exposure.
- Promote and encourage the pursuit of
- academic merits by the students in various fields of study.
- To promote academic collaboration and bring out the best among the students.
- Provide funds for students who are academically deserving but lack the finance to pursue their academic careers.
The Katsina State Government Scholarship was created by the Katsina State Government and funded through the state ministry of education to provide monetary funds to students with limited resources to support their academic pursuits.
Applicants are to apply via the official website of the scholarship.
All required documents are to be scanned and uploaded on the application website during the application process.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as the application portal opens, as a late application may not be considered.
Kindly note that the Katsina State Scholarship application is free. You are not expected to pay anyone to access the scholarship.
You can contact Katsinastate.gov.ng if you have further questions.
We wish you good luck when you apply.
Don’t forget to drop your comment in the comment box.