The Borno State Government Board has opened applications for qualified students for their Borno State Scholarship.
The Borno State Scholarship is an undergraduate program fully-funded for all students in Borno State.
This article will give you the full details about this scholarship, such as the requirements and how to apply.
Borno State Scholarship: Everything You Need To Know
The Borno State Government awards the Borno State Scholarship.
The Borno State Scholarship Board is funding this scholarship under the Ministry of Education.
The Bursary scheme provides Borno State scholarships to undergraduate students with relevant training and learning skills.
Students studying at a recognised polytechnic or university in the state are sufficiently qualified.
Furthermore, the Borno State Government has developed this scholarship program for students from the state. This is done to produce graduates and human resources who would contribute reasonably to the growth of the state and country’s economy.
This scholarship program promises to support students throughout their tertiary studies.
As a result, universities, polytechnics, monotechnics, and colleges of education students in the state are eligible to apply for this award.
The amount awarded for this scholarship varies.
It covers the cost of tuition and other educational expenses.
Levels of Study
Undergraduate students in any school are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Fields of Study
All courses tenable at all tertiary institutions in the state are eligible to apply.
Borno State Scholarship hosts this scholarship.
This scholarship is hosted in Borno State, Nigeria.
Indigenous students of Borno State are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Borno State Government Scholarship Eligible Local Government Areas
Here is a list of eligible local government areas In Borno State that can apply for this scholarship.
- Bama, Borno
- Bayo, Nigeria
- Biu, Nigeria
- Jere, Borno
- Kaga, Nigeria
- Kwaya Kusar
- Marte, Borno
Borno state government scholarship program is created for undergraduate students pursuing their education in any higher institutions within Borno State.
To apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a Borno State Indigene
- Be an undergraduate student in any recognised public institution in Nigeria.
- Be a Borno State resident currently admitted to any recognised tertiary institution abroad.
Requirements For Borno State Scholarship
Here are the basic requirements needed to be considered for this scholarship.
- Complete an online scholarship application.
- Submit all the necessary documents.
- Undergo the assessment processes before you can be shortlisted
Applicants must submit these documents when applying for this scholarship
- Certificate of State of Origin
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC)
- Senior School Certificate Examinations results (SSCE)
- JAMB admission letter
- School admission letter
- Birth Certificate
- Statement of result containing your CGPA.
- Recent passport photograph
How to Apply for Borno State Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, applicants should apply via https://bssb.scholarship.bo.gov.ng/
Borno State Government Scholarship Application Process
- Create an account using a valid email address.
- A confirmation link will be sent to your email.
- Click on the email button to confirm your registration.
- Log in with your email address and password
- You will be granted access to the application form.
- The application is in stages that you must complete.
- Provide the required information and click save.
- Upload a passport photograph and save
- Fill all the required fields, save and click
- Provide your academic details on the next page. Save and click Next.
- Provide your SSCE result details, save and click Next.
- Upload the scanned copies of your admission letter, indigene certificate and SSCE results on the next page.
- Review your application before you click submit
- Download a copy of your application for reference purposes.
Important Note to All Applicants
- Ensure to provide accurate information during the application process as your application will undergo a review process.
- Submit a copy of your application form alongside photocopies of each of the following:
- SSCE Results
- Admission Letter
- Indigene Certificate) at the Borno state scholarship board.
Borno State Government Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline for this scholarship application entry is not announced yet
Tips to Apply and Win the Borno State Scholarship
Refer to the tips below to have a successful application and stand a better chance of being considered for the award.
- Confirm your eligibility: As the scholarship is made available for the indigenous students of Benue State enrolled as an undergraduate school, ensure you fall into this category before clicking the apply button.
- Meet the requirements: The scholarship requirements are the most for you to meet. Ensure that you meet the requirements of the scholarships to know what to expect, and you can equip yourself accordingly.
- Begin your application early: The application for this scholarship is not available at this moment. You are advised to commence your application as soon as the application portal opens. Starting your application sooner will give you enough edge to be at the forefront, and you get enough time to gather all the required materials.
- Keep track of the application deadline and make sure that you submit all the required materials before the due date.
- Follow all the instructions on the scholarship website or the scholarship committee to avoid nullifying your application.
- Before you submit your application, ensure that you proofread your application and all other materials to ensure no errors and that everything is in order.
- Follow up on your application with the scholarship committee to show them that you are interested in the scholarship and willing to put in the extra effort.
The Borno State Government Scholarship was created by the Borno State Government and funded through the Ministry of Education to provide monetary funds to students with limited resources to support their academic pursuits.
Applicants are to apply via the official website of the scholarship. All required documents are to be scanned and uploaded on the application website during the application process.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as the application portal opens, as a late application may not be considered.
We wish you good luck when you apply.