Are you an indigenous student of Ondo State?
The Ondo State Government has opened an application for the Ondo State Scholarship.
If you are an indigene of Ondo State and are attending a tertiary institution in the state, here is an opportunity for you.
The Ondo State Scholarship is targeted toward helping students fund their academic pursuits.
Yearly, the government offers the scholarship award to the indigenes.
If you haven’t benefited from it, here is your chance to.
In this article, you will be guided on the requirements and tips for applying for and winning the Ondo State Scholarship.
Overview of Ondo State Scholarship
The Ondo State Government, through the state bursary and the state ministry of education, has been offering scholarship awards to indigenous students of Ondo State.
This scholarship is aimed at assisting academically deserving students who lack enough resources for their academic pursuits
The scholarship is offered yearly to many students who meet the eligibility requirements, among other criteria.
The amount awarded for the Ondo State Scholarship varies.
The scholarship fund covers the cost of tuition and other educational expenses.
Level of Study
This scholarship is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students studying in Ondo State.
Fields of Study
There is no restricted course of study to apply for this scholarship.
All courses offered in tertiary institutions in Osun State are eligible to apply.
Eligible Courses of Study
Here are some of the eligible courses that can apply for this scholarship.
- Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering/System Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Mechanical/Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Human Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy
- Petroleum Engineering
The Ondo State Scholarship host this scholarship through the Ministry of education
The scholarship is hosted and taken in Ondo State, Nigeria.
Indigenous Students of Ondo state are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligible Local Government Areas
The following is a list of eligible local government areas In Ondo State that can apply for the Ondo State Scholarship.
- Akoko North-East
- Akoko North-West
- Akoko South-East
- Akoko South-West
- Akure North
- Akure South
- Ese Odo
- Ile Oluji/Okeigbo
- Oka, Akoko
- Ondo East
- Ondo West
- Ose, Nigeria
This scholarship is awarded to indigenous students undergoing undergraduate and postgraduate programs in any tertiary institution in the state.
Applicants must have completed SSCE or a first degree and have gained admission into any tertiary institution in Ondo state.
Only recognised and approved public and private-owned schools are qualified to apply, i.e. universities, Polytechnics, and College of Educations.
For instance, students studying in these schools can apply:
- Adekunle Ajasin University
- Federal University of Technology Akure
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic
- Achievers University
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology
- Wesley University of Science and Technology
- Elizade University
- Adeyemi College of Education Ondo
Applicants of the Ondo State Scholarship must meet some eligibility requirements to be considered for the scholarship.
- Be an indigent of Ondo State
- Be a full-time student of an approved institution in the country.
- Have completed secondary school and written their Senior Secondary Examination (SSCE).
- Be enrolled in any tertiary institutions in the state.
- Have good grades in O’level results (with a minimum of 5 credits in the five relevant subjects, including Maths and English)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0
Requirements for Ondo State Scholarship
The basic requirement for the scholarship is listed below:
- Complete an online scholarship application.
- Submit all the necessary documents.
- Undergo the assessment processes before you can be shortlisted
Applicants must submit these documents when applying for the Ondo State Scholarship.
- Certificate of State of Origin
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC)
- Senior School Certificate Examinations results (SSCE)
- JAMB admission letter
- School admission letter
- Birth Certificate
- Statement of result containing your CGPA.
- Recent passport photograph
- Students identification letter
- Students’ transcripts containing their previous academic performance details.
- Students ID Card or National ID or Driver’s Licence or International passport.
- The functional E-mail address and phone number.
How to Apply for the Ondo State Scholarship
Application for this scholarship is made online.
Applicants should apply via the official website of the Ondo State Scholarship.
Application Due Date
The deadline for the submission of the application is not available.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the scholarship site for updates and apply as soon as the portal is open.
Tips to Apply and Win the Ondo State Scholarship
Refer to the tips below to have a successful application and stand a better chance of being considered for the award.
- Confirm your eligibility: As the scholarship is made available for the indigenous students of Ondo state enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate school, ensure you fall into this category before clicking the apply button.
- Meet the requirements: The scholarship requirements are the most for you to meet. Ensure that you meet the requirements of the scholarships to know what to expect, and you can equip yourself accordingly.
- Begin your application early: The application for this scholarship is not available at this moment. You are advised to commence your application as soon as the application portal opens. Starting your application sooner will give you enough edge to be at the forefront, and you get enough time to gather all the required materials.
- Keep track of the application deadline and make sure that you submit all the required materials before the due date.
- Follow the instructions on the scholarship website or the scholarship committee to avoid nullifying your application.
- Before you submit your application, ensure that you proofread your application and all other materials to ensure no errors and that everything is in order.
- Follow up on your application with the scholarship committee to show them that you are interested in the scholarship and willing to put in the extra effort.
The Ondo State Scholarship was created by the Ondo State Government and funded through the state Ministry of education to provide monetary funds to students with limited resources to support their academic pursuits.
Applicants are to apply via the official website of the scholarship.
All required documents are to be scanned and uploaded on the application website during the application process.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as the application portal opens, as a late application may not be considered.
You can send an email to http://ondostate.gov.ng/ if you have further questions.
We wish you good luck when you apply.