If you want information on how to apply for FCT Scholarship, stop scrolling and read this!
The Federal Capital Territory Government has opened an application for the FCT scholarship.
If you are an indigene and student of FCT, you are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
With this scholarship, you have the opportunity to get financial funds for your academic pursuits.
In this article, you will learn about the best guide and tips to apply for and win the FCT scholarship.
All You Need To Know About The FCT Scholarship
The Federal Capital Territory – FCT Scholarship Scheme has been in existence since the 1980s.
The Federal Capital Territory Government sponsors the FCT Scholarship through the state bursary and the Ministry of education.
It is part of the social welfare and cooperation responsibility of the government to the FCT Indigenes.
The award is given to students in institutions of learning in the Federal Capital Territory.
Particularly those who are restricted to financial resources to sponsor the pursuit of their academics.
The FCT Scholarship Board aims to give education aid in cash or kind to FCT indigenes and indigent pupils/students in Public Basic and Post-Basic Educational Institutions and FCT indigenes in Tertiary Institutions within and outside Nigeria.
Many students have benefited from this generosity over the years.
Students who wish to apply for this must be indigenous students of FCT and meet all the requirements for the scholarship.
The amount awarded for the FCT Scholarship varies.
The scholarship fund covers the cost of tuition and other educational expenses.
Level of Study
This scholarship is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students studying in the Federal Capital Territory.
Fields of Study
There is no restricted course of study to apply for this scholarship.
All courses offered in tertiary institutions in FCT are eligible to apply.
Eligible Courses of Study
Here are some of the eligible courses that can apply for this scholarship.
- Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering/System Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Mechanical/Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Human Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy
- Petroleum Engineering
The FCT Scholarship host this scholarship through the Ministry of education
The scholarship is hosted and taken in the Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria.
Indigenous Students of FCT are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligible Local Government Areas
The following is a list of eligible local government areas In FCT that can apply for the FCT Scholarship.
This scholarship is awarded to indigenous students undergoing undergraduate and postgraduate programs in any tertiary institution in the state.
Applicants must have completed SSCE or a first degree and have gained admission into any tertiary institution in FCT.
Only recognized and approved public and private-owned schools are qualified to apply, i.e., universities, Polytechnics, and College of Education.
Applicants for the FCT Scholarship must meet some eligibility requirements to be considered for the scholarship.
- Be an indigene of FCT
- Be a full-time student of an approved institution in the country.
- Have completed secondary school and written their Senior Secondary Examination (SSCE).
- Be enrolled in any tertiary institutions in the state.
- Have good grades in O’level results (with a minimum of 5 credits in the five relevant subjects, including Maths and English)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0
Requirements for The Federal Capital Territory – FCT Scholarship
The essential requirement for the scholarship is listed below:
- Complete an online scholarship application.
- Submit all the necessary documents.
- Undergo the assessment processes before you can be shortlisted
Applicants must submit these documents when applying for the FCT Scholarship.
- Certificate of State of Origin
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC)
- Senior School Certificate Examinations results (SSCE)
- JAMB admission letter
- School admission letter
- Birth Certificate
- Statement of result containing your CGPA.
- Recent passport photograph
- Students identification letter
- Students’ transcripts containing previous academic performance details.
- Students ID Card or National ID or Driver’s Licence or International passport.
- The functional E-mail address and phone number.
How to Apply for the FCT Scholarship
Application for this scholarship is made in two ways.
You can apply online or in person.
To apply in person, obtain the forms at the FCT SCHOLARSHIP BOARD. Government Secondary School, No 6 Abidjan Street, Zone 3, Wuse Abuja,
Application Due Date
The deadline for the submission of the application is not available.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the scholarship site for updates and apply as soon as the portal is open.
Tips to Apply and Win the FCT Scholarship
Refer to the tips below to have a successful application and stand a better chance of being considered for the award.
- Confirm your eligibility: As the scholarship is made available for the indigenous students of FCT enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate school, ensure you fall into this category before clicking the apply button.
- Meet the requirements: The scholarship requirements are the most for you to meet. Ensure that you meet the requirements of the scholarships to know what to expect, and you can equip yourself accordingly.
- Begin your application early: The application for this scholarship is not available at this moment. You are advised to commence your application as soon as the application portal opens. Starting your application sooner will give you enough edge to be at the forefront, and you get enough time to gather all the required materials.
- Keep track of the application deadline and make sure that you submit all the required materials before the due date.
- Follow the instructions on the scholarship website or the scholarship committee to avoid nullifying your application.
- Before submitting your application, ensure that you proofread your application and all other materials to ensure no errors and that everything is in order.
- Follow up on your application with the scholarship committee to show them that you are interested in the scholarship and willing to put in the extra effort.
Benefits of The Federal Capital Territory – FCT Scholarship
The FCT government organizes this scholarship to:
- Grant easy access to postsecondary editions for both residents and indigene of the state.
- Give opportunities for students to overseas programs that will enrich their intellectual exposure.
- Promote and encourage the pursuit of
- academic merits by the students in various fields of study.
- To promote academic collaboration and bring out the best among the students.
- Provide funds for students who are academically deserving but lack the finance to pursue their academic careers.
The FCT Scholarship was created by the Federal Capital Territory Government and funded through the state ministry of education to provide monetary funds to students with limited resources to support their academic pursuits.
Applicants are to apply via the official website of the scholarship.
All required documents are to be scanned and uploaded on the application website during the application process.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as the application portal opens, as a late application may not be considered.
Kindly note that the FCT Scholarship application is free. You are not expected to pay anyone to access the scholarship.
You can send an email to http://fctscholarshipboard.gov.ng/ if you have further questions.
We wish you good luck when you apply.