Rivers State Scholarship Application Guide for Students
Getting the right education is expensive. As a result of this, most students are dropping out of tertiary institutions because they can’t afford the cost of getting educated.
So, to prevent this from happening, the Rivers State government tends to award scholarships and bursaries for students through the Rivers State scholarship board.
The board was established in 2006 during the ex-Rivers state governor’s tenure, Governor Dr. Peter Odili. The primary duties of the board are to offer scholarships and bursary awards for the right student in the state.
Additionally, hundreds of students are awarded this scholarship and bursary yearly. And to be among the successful students of this year’s scholarship and bursary award, you need to know the scholarship requirements, its deadlines, and how you can apply.
Henceforward, this article will explain everything you need to know about the Rivers State scholarship program, ranging from how you can apply to its requirements and the credentials required for the scholarship application.
Rivers State Scholarship Application Requirements
To be eligible for the scholarship program, you must meet up with the requirements of the state government. So, here are the Rivers State scholarships requirements.
- You must be an indigene of Rivers State.
- You must have reasonable results.
- You must be an undergraduate student in any government-approved tertiary institution whether it’s a state institution or a federal one.
- You must be of good conduct and have a good educational background.
Documents Required for the Rivers State Scholarship
When the application process commences, some of your credentials will be needed for verification. And also, when submitting any details or filling out the online application form, make sure your details correlate with each other.
Hence here are the required credentials you will submit when applying for the Rivers State scholarship program.
- Your birth certificate or age declaration.
- Your state of origin or local government certificate.
- A statement of results.
- Your admission letter for both JAMB and your institution’s admission letters.
- Your O’level results.
- Two recently taken passports.
- An active email.
- And other relevant requirements you will find on the form.
How to Apply for the Rivers State Scholarship
You have learned about the Rivers State scholarship requirements and the credentials needed when applying for the program. Now, let’s discuss where to apply, and how you can apply for the Rivers State scholarship program.
To apply for the Rivers State scholarship, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, visit the Rivers state official website at https://riverstates.gov.ng/
- Secondly, navigate/search the site for the scholarship menu. At this state, when you find the menu, click it.
- Thirdly, you will be directed to a page where you will be asked to log in with your details. And as a newbie, I know you don’t have any details to log in, so you will have to create an account. The entire process of creating an account is self-explained on the site.
- Lastly, you are logged into your profile dashboard. At this stage, you fill out the form, upload all necessary documents and submit. Then you are through with your application.
Can I apply for the scholarship program more than once a year?
No, you can’t apply for the scholarship program more than once a year. But you can apply for the scholarship program if you meet the requirements years but once.
How can I know if I’m picked for the Rivers State scholarship program?
To know if you are picked for the program, you will be sent a mail to email to fill out when applying.
Is the Rivers State scholarship application form free?
Yes, the Rivers State scholarship application form is free for all indigene students of Rivers State.
How can I know when the Rivers State scholarship application begins?
You can always check the government’s official website to know when the application commences and its deadline.