Are you an indigenous student of Edo State? Here is an opportunity to get funds for your education through the Edo State Scholarship.
The Edo State government is offering scholarships to well-deserving students who demonstrate financial needs.
The Edo State Scholarship is established to assist indigenous students attending tertiary institutions in the state with funds to sponsor their education.
However, if you’re looking for information about the Edo State scholarship program, this article will give you detailed information.
You will learn about the eligibility, the requirements, and how to apply for the Edo State Scholarship.
Overview of the Edo State Scholarship
The Edo State Government sponsors the Edo State Scholarship through the state bursary and the Ministry of education.
It is part of the social welfare and cooperation responsibility of the government to the Edo Indigenes.
The award is given to students in institutions of learning in Edo State.
Particularly those who are restricted to financial resources to sponsor the pursuit of their academics.
Many students have benefited from this generosity over the years.
Students who wish to apply for this must be indigenous students of the state and meet all the requirements for the scholarship.
The amount awarded for the Edo State Scholarship varies.
The scholarship fund covers the cost of tuition and other educational expenses.
Level of Study
This scholarship is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students studying in Edo State.
Fields of Study
There are no restricted courses of study to apply for this scholarship.
All courses offered in tertiary institutions in Edo State are eligible to apply.
Eligible Courses of Study
Here are some of the eligible courses that can apply for this scholarship.
- Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering/System Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Mechanical/Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Human Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy
- Petroleum Engineering
The Edo State Scholarship host this scholarship through the ministry of education
The scholarship is hosted and taken in Edo State, Nigeria.
Indigenous Students of Edo states are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligible Local Government Areas
The following is a list of eligible local government areas In Edo State that can apply for the Edo state scholarship.
- Akoko Edo
- Esan Central
- Esan North-East
- Esan South-East
- Esan West
- Etsako Central
- Etsako East
- Etsako West
- Ikpoba Okha
- Ovia North-East
- Ovia South-West
- Owan East
- Owan West
This scholarship is awarded to indigenous students undergoing undergraduate programs in any tertiary institution in the state.
Applicants must have completed SSCE and have gained admission into any tertiary institution in Edo state.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the scholarship.
- Be an indigene of Edo State.
- Have completed secondary school and written their Senior Secondary Examination (SSCE).
- Be enrolled in any tertiary institutions in the state.
- Have good grades in O’level results (with a minimum of 5 credits in the five relevant subjects, including Maths and English)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0
Requirements for Edo State Scholarship
The basic requirement for the scholarship is listed below:
- Complete an online scholarship application.
- Submit all the necessary documents.
- Undergo the assessment processes before you can be shortlisted
Applicants must submit these documents when applying for the Edo state scholarship
- Certificate of State of Origin
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC)
- Senior School Certificate Examinations results (SSCE)
- JAMB admission letter
- School admission letter
- Birth Certificate
- Statement of result containing your CGPA.
- Recent passport photograph
- Students identification letter
- Students’ transcripts of previous academic performance details.
- Students ID Card
How to Apply for the Edo State Scholarship
The application for this scholarship is made online.
Applicants should apply via the official website of the Edo State Scholarship.
Edo State Government Scholarship Application Process
Firstly applicants should visit the Edo state government scholarship board website and create a profile account.
Then log in to the portal with the login details obtained during the profile creation process.
You then register on the application website and scan all the required documents as well as upload them.
Lastly, submit your application and await an assessment screening.
Application Due Date
The deadline for the submission of the application is not available.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the scholarship site for updates and apply as soon as the portal is open.
Tips to Apply and Win the Edo State Scholarship
Refer to the tips below to have a successful application and stand a better chance of being considered for the award.
- Confirm your eligibility: As the scholarship is made available for the indigenous students of Edo enrolled at an undergraduate school, ensure you fall into this category before clicking the apply button.
- Meet the requirements: The scholarship requirements are the most for you to meet. Ensure that you meet the requirements of the scholarships to know what to expect, and you can equip yourself accordingly.
- Begin your application early: The application for this scholarship is not available at this moment. You are advised to commence your application as soon as the application portal opens. Starting your application sooner will give you enough edge to be at the forefront, and you get enough time to gather all the required materials.
- Keep track of the application deadline and make sure that you submit all the required materials before the due date.
- Follow the instructions on the scholarship website or the scholarship committee to avoid nullifying your application.
- Before submitting your application, ensure that you proofread your application and all other materials to ensure no errors and that everything is in order.
- Follow up on your application with the scholarship committee to show them that you are interested in the scholarship and willing to put in the extra effort.
Benefits of the Edo State Scholarship
The Edo state government organizes this scholarship to:
- Grant easy access to postsecondary editions for both residents and indigene of the state.
- Give opportunities for students to overseas programs that will enrich their intellectual exposure.
- Promote and encourage the pursuit of
- academic merits by the students in various fields of study.
- To promote academic collaboration and bring out the best among the students.
- Provide funds for academically deserving students who lack the finance to pursue their academic careers.
The Edo State Scholarship was created by the Edo State Government and funded through the state bursary to provide monetary funds to students with limited resources to support their academic pursuits.
Applicants are to apply via the official website of the scholarship. All required documents are to be scanned and uploaded on the application website during the application process.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as the application portal opens, as a late application may not be considered.
You can contact www.edostate.gov.ng if you have further questions.
We wish you good luck when you apply.