The Adamawa State Scholarship 2023 is open to eligible and interested students.
Adamawa State Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship for undergraduate and postgraduate students. The application is now open on the official website.
This article will give full details on all you need to know about the scholarship, including the requirements, how to apply, and tips to win.
Overview of Adamawa State Scholarship
Adamawa is a northeastern state in Nigeria, with its capital at Yola.
The Adamawa State Scholarship is sponsored by the Adamawa State Government through the State’s Bursary to help students in state institutions.
Students who have limited resources to sponsor their education are considered to benefit from this scholarship.
The amount awarded for the Adamawa State Scholarship varies.
Level of study
Undergraduate and postgraduate students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Fields of Study
Students studying in the following fields are eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering/System Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Mechanical/Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Human Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy
- Petroleum Engineering
The Adamawa State Government hosts this scholarship.
Citizens and permanent residents of Adamawa State in Nigeria are eligible.
Adamawa State Scholarship Eligible Local Government Area
The following local governments are eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- Mubi North
- Mubi South
- Yola North (State capital)
- Yola South
Adamawa State Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants of the Adamawa State Scholarship must be an indigene of Adamawa State and must be currently studying in an institution of higher learning recognised by the Nigerian Government.
Undergraduate students at Adamawa State University, Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Adamawa State Polytechnic, American University of Nigeria, and Adamawa State College of Education are eligible to apply.
Applicants of this scholarship must:
- Be an indigene of Adamawa State.
- Be a student of an approved institution.
- Have good grades.
- Enrol in Higher Institutions in Adamawa state, such as the university, Polytechnics, and College of Education.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0
Requirements for Adamawa State Scholarship
Here are the basic requirements for the Adamawa State Scholarship
- Online application form
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC).
- Certificate of Origin.
- Statement of Result containing your CGPA
- Receipt of Adamawa State Students Association/Union
- Certificate of Local Government Origin
- Course registration form and related documents.
- Recent coloured passport size photograph.
Supporting Documents for Adamawa State Scholarship
Applicants must be able to provide:
- An active Email address and phone number.
- Scanned copies of the original admission letter into an institution with information on the course of study, year of entry, and duration.
- SSCE/GCE O’Level Certificate.
- School ID card or National ID or Driver’s Licence or International passport.
How to Apply for Adamawa State Scholarship
The application for this scholarship is available on the official website. Kindly visit www.asstfy.ad.gov.ng to apply when the application portal is open.
Adamawa State Scholarship Application Process
To apply for this scholarship, the applicant should:
- Log in to asstfy.ad.gov.ng
- Create An Account
- Complete the form to register on the website.
- Fill in the username and password you wish to register with as you will need them to log in and fill out the Scholarship Form.
- Click on the Register button to complete the registration on the website
- Enter the Username and Password you used in registering, then click on the Login button
- Go to the scholarship menu and choose local/ international scholarship
- Click on the add resume button
- Fill out the form accurately and click on Save and Close when complete.
- Click on apply now under the Local/International Scholarship section
- Click on apply now again from the Pop-up dialogue box and close it when complete
- Click on Log Out by the right to close your portal application page.
- Click on the home Menu to refresh the page when complete.
Important Note For All Adamawa State Scholarship Applicants
- All applicants must ensure both the email address and phone contacts entered in the application are active.
- Your passport photograph must be less than a megabyte before uploading it on the form.
- Fill out all your details correctly.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Make sure you check every detail before saving and applying for the scholarship because any mistake made can not be rectified later.
The deadline for the submission of the application is closed. Kindly check back for an update.
Tips to Win the Adamawa State Government Scholarship
These tips will guide you and give you the best chance of being considered for the scholarship.
- Confirm your eligibility: As the scholarship is made available for indigent Adamawa State enrolled as an undergraduate school, ensure you fall into this category before clicking the apply button.
- Meet the requirements: The scholarship requirements are the most for you to meet. Ensure that you meet the requirements of the scholarships to know what to expect, and you can equip yourself accordingly.
- Begin your application early: The application for this scholarship is not available at this moment. You are advised to commence your application as soon as the application portal opens. Starting your application sooner will give you enough edge to be at the forefront, and you get enough time to gather all the required materials.
- Keep track of the application deadline and make sure that you submit all the required materials before the due date.
- Follow all the instructions given on the scholarship website or the scholarship committee to avoid nullifying your application.
- Before you submit your application, ensure that you proofread your application and all other materials to ensure no errors and that everything is in order.
- Follow up on your application with the scholarship committee to show them that you are interested in the scholarship and willing to put in the extra effort to get it.
The Adamawa State Government Scholarship is for undergraduate and postgraduate indigenous students of the Adamawa State attending higher institutions in the State.
Applicants of this scholarship must be Adamawa indigene, have First School Leaving Certificate and WAEC/NECO good grades.
Applicants should visit the scholarship portal when the application is open.
You can visit https://adspc.ad.gov.ng/adamawa-state-scholarship-trust-fund/ for more inquiries.