The Ebonyi State Government is pleased to announce the application opening for the Ebonyi State Government Scholarship.
Interested and eligible applicants are invited to take this opportunity to fund their academic pursuits.
The Ebonyi State Government sponsors the scholarship.
However, it is awarded to indigenous students of Ebonyi State.
This article will guide you on how to apply for this scholarship and the tips to win.
Also, the eligibility requirement and scholarship requirements are clearly stated.
About Ebonyi State Government Scholarship
The Ebonyi State Government sponsors the Ebonyi State Government Scholarship through the state bursary and the Ministry of education.
It is part of the social welfare and cooperation responsibility of the government to the Ebonyi Indigenes.
The award is given to students in institutions of learning in Ebonyi State.
Particularly those who are restricted to financial resources to sponsor the pursuit of their academics.
Many students have benefited from this generosity over the years.
Students who wish to apply for this must be indigenous students of Ebonyi State and meet all the requirements for the scholarship.
The amount awarded for rhe Ebonyi State Government Scholarship vary.
The scholarship fund covers the cost of tuition and other educational expenses.
Level of Study
This scholarship is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students studying in Ebonyi State.
Fields of Study
There is no restricted course of study to apply for this scholarship.
All courses offered in tertiary institutions in Ebonyi State are eligible to apply.
The Ebonyi State Scholarship host this scholarship through the ministry of education
The scholarship is hosted and taken in Ebonyi State, Nigeria.
Indigenous Students of Ebonyi State are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligible Local Government Areas
The following is a list of eligible local government areas In Ebonyi State that can apply for the Ebonyi State Government Scholarship.
- Afikpo North
- Afikpo South
- Ebonyi, Ebonyi State
- Ezza North
- Ezza South
- Ikwo (local government)
- Ivo, Ebonyi
- Izzi (Ebonyi)
- Izzi people
This scholarship is awarded to indigenous students undergoing undergraduate and postgraduate programs in any tertiary institution in the state.
Applicants must have completed SSCE or a first degree and have gained admission into any tertiary institution in Ebonyi state.
Only recognised and approved public and private-owned schools are qualified to apply, i.e. universities, Polytechnics, and College of Educations.
For instance, Ebonyi State University, Federal University Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State College of Education, and Federal College of Agriculture Ishiagu.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the scholarship.
- Be an indigent of Ebonyi State
- Be a full-time student of an approved institution in the country.
- Have completed secondary school and written their Senior Secondary Examination (SSCE). Be enrolled in any tertiary institutions in the state.
- Have good grades in O’level results (with a minimum of 5 credits in the five relevant subjects, including Maths and English)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0
Requirements for Ebonyi State Government Scholarship
The basic requirement for the scholarship is listed below:
- Complete an online scholarship application.
- Submit all the necessary documents.
- Undergo the assessment processes before you can be shortlisted
Applicants must submit these documents when applying for the Ebonyi State Government Scholarship.
- Certificate of State of Origin
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC)
- Senior School Certificate Examinations results (SSCE)
- JAMB admission letter
- School admission letter
- Birth Certificate
- Statement of result containing your CGPA.
- Recent passport photograph
- Students identification letter
- Students’ transcripts containing their previous academic performance details.
- Students ID Card or National ID or Driver’s Licence or International passport.
- The functional E-mail address and phone number.
How to Apply for the Ebonyi State Government Scholarship
Application for this scholarship is made online.
Applicants should apply via the official website of the Ebonyi State Government Scholarship.
Application Due Date
The deadline for the submission of the application is not available.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the scholarship site for updates and apply as soon as the portal is open.
Tips to Apply and Win the Ebonyi State Government Scholarship
Refer to the tips below to have a successful application and stand a better chance of being considered for the award.
- Confirm your eligibility: As the scholarship is made available for the indigenous students of Ebonyi state enrolled on an undergraduate or postgraduate school, ensure you fall into this category before clicking the apply button.
- Meet the requirements: The scholarship requirements are the most for you to meet. Ensure that you meet the requirements of the scholarships to know what to expect, and you can equip yourself accordingly.
- Begin your application early: The application for this scholarship is not available at this moment. You are advised to commence your application as soon as the application portal opens. Starting your application sooner will give you enough edge to be at the forefront, and you get enough time to gather all the required materials.
- Keep track of the application deadline and make sure that you submit all the required materials before the due date.
- Follow the instructions on the scholarship website or the scholarship committee to avoid nullifying your application.
- Before you submit your application, ensure that you proofread your application and all other materials to ensure no errors and that everything is in order.
- Follow up on your application with the scholarship committee to show them that you are interested in the scholarship and willing to put in the extra effort.
The Ebonyi State Government Scholarship. was created by the Ebonyi State Government and funded through the state Ministry of education to provide monetary funds to students with limited resources to support their academic pursuits.
Applicants are to apply via the official website of the scholarship.
All required documents are to be scanned and uploaded on the application website during the application process.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as the application portal opens, as a late application may not be considered.
You can send an email to http://www.ebonyistate.gov.ng if you have further questions.
We wish you good luck when you apply.