As part of the state-corporate obligation, the Enugu state government, through the Ministry of Education, is offering financial aid to all state students.
Enugu State Government Scholarship is given to indigenous students who wish to further their higher education but are financially incapable.
If you are eligible for this scholarship, this article will explain everything you need to know about the scholarship and how to apply.
Enugu State Government Scholarship: All You Need to Know
The Enugu State Government sponsors the Enugu State Government Scholarship through the State’s Bursary. It is offered as part of the government’s social welfare responsibility to the Enugu Indigenes.
This scholarship is given to assist students in institutions of learning who have limited resources to fund their academic careers.
The Enugu State Scholarship Program has benefited many indigent students over the years.
This scholarship offers a specific amount of money to help cover students’ tuition and other valuable academic fees.
The scholarship is granted to undergraduate students in Enugu State undergoing an undergraduate program based on many criteria.
The amount awarded for this scholarship covers tuition and other essential expenses.
Level of Study
Returning and Freshman taking undergraduate programs are eligible for this scholarship.
Fields of Study
The following fields of study are eligible for the Enugu state government scholarship program:
- Medicine and Surgery
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Dentistry and Dental Surgery
- System Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
The Enugu State Government, through the State Bursary, hosts this scholarship.
This scholarship is hosted in Enugu State, Nigeria.
This Scholarship is available for only citizens and permanent residents of Nigeria.
Eligible Local Government Areas for the Enugu State Government Scholarship
Students in the following local government areas are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Enugu East
- Enugu North
- Enugu South
- Igbo Etiti
- Igbo Eze North
- Igbo Eze South
- Isi Uzo
- Nkanu East
- Nkanu West
- Oji River
This scholarship is awarded to indigenous students undergoing undergraduate and postgraduate programs in any tertiary institution in the state.
Applicants must have completed SSCE or a first degree and have gained admission into any tertiary institution in Enugu state.
Only recognized and approved public and private-owned schools are qualified to apply, i.e., universities, Polytechnics, and College of Education.
Applicants of this scholarship must:
- Be a student of an approved institution in the State.
- Have good grades.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0
- You must be a bonafide indigene of Enugu state
- Have passed out of secondary school and have written their Senior Secondary Examination SSCE and have obtained their results. You must be enrolled to study as a full-time student in any recognized higher institutions across Enugu state
- Pass through the steps by taking the aptitude tests or the required screening exercise.
- Obtain and submit all the documents needed for the application.
Requirements of the Enugu State Government Scholarship
The basic requirement for the scholarship are listed below:
- Complete an online scholarship application.
- Submit all the necessary documents.
- Undergo the assessment processes before you can be shortlisted
The following are the documents needed for the complete application
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC).
- Certificate of Origin
- Statement of Result containing your CGPA
- SSCE Result
- State of Origin or indigene certificate
- Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age
- JAMB Admission Letter
- School Admission Letter
- Academic Transcripts containing previous semester academic performance, particularly CGPA
How to Apply for Enugu State Government Scholarship
The deadline for the submission of the application is not available.
Tips to Win the Enugu State Government Scholarship
These tips will guide you and give you the best chance of being considered for the scholarships.
- Confirm your eligibility: As the scholarship is made available for the indigent of Enugu State enrolled as an undergraduate school, ensure you fall into this category before clicking the apply button.
- Meet the requirements: The scholarship requirements are the most for you to meet. Ensure that you meet the requirements of the scholarships to know what to expect, and you can equip yourself accordingly.
- Begin your application early: The application for this scholarship is not available at this moment. You are advised to commence your application as soon as the application portal opens. Starting your application sooner will give you enough edge to be at the forefront, and you get enough time to gather all the required materials.
- Keep track of the application deadline and make sure that you submit all the required materials before the due date.
- Follow the instructions on the scholarship website or the scholarship committee to avoid nullifying your application.
- Before submitting your application, ensure that you proofread your application and all other materials to ensure no errors and that everything is in order.
- Follow up on your application with the scholarship committee to show them that you are interested in the scholarship and willing to put in the extra effort.
Benefits of Enugu State Government Scholarship
The Enugu state government organizes this scholarship to:
- Grant easy access to postsecondary editions for both residents and indigene of the state.
- Give opportunities for students to overseas programs that will enrich their intellectual exposure.
- Promote and encourage the pursuit of
- academic merits by the students in various fields of study.
- To promote academic collaboration and bring out the best among the students.
- Provide funds for academically deserving students who lack the finance to pursue their academic careers.
The Enugu State Government Scholarship is a financial aid to help struggling students with funds to pursue their academic careers.
Applicants of this scholarship must be students and indigene of the Enugu State in the stated local government area above.
Applicants applying for the Enugu State government scholarship must meet specific requirements before they can be considered for the scholarship.