The Benue State Government invites all indigenous students to apply for the Benue State Government Scholarship.
The Benue state government funds this scholarship through the state’s ministry of education.
If you are an indigenous student of Benue state and attending a tertiary institution in the state, here is your opportunity to get financial aid to fund your education.
This article will give you relevant tips on how to apply and be considered for the Benue State Government Scholarship.
About the Benue State Government Scholarship
The Benue State Government hosts this scholarship, funded through the state bursary and ministry of education.
This scholarship is created to help indigenous students of the state get financial aid to fund their education.
Students from all tertiary institutions in Benue state are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The amount awarded for this scholarship varies.
It covers the cost of tuition and other educational expenses of students.
Levels of Study
Undergraduate students in any school are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Fields of Study
All courses tenable at all tertiary institutions in the state are eligible to apply.
The following courses are eligible for this scholarship:
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering or System Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Petroleum Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Chemical Engineering
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Human Medicine and Surgery
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Dentistry and Dental Surgery
The Benue State Government hosts this scholarship.
This scholarship is hosted and taken in Benue State, Nigeria.
Indigenous students of Benue state are open to apply for this scholarship.
Eligible Local Government Areas For Benue State Government Scholarship
Here is a list of eligible local government areas In Benue State that can apply for this scholarship.
- Gwer East
- Gwer West
Benue state government scholarship program is designed for undergraduate students pursuing their education in any higher institutions within Benue State.
Benue State Government Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
To apply for the Benue state government scholarship program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be indigenes of Benue state (certified indigene with certificate)
- Be enrolled to study in any high institution in Benue state, either federal or state-owned
- Obtain Secondary School leaving certificate.
- Have at least 5 credits in the five relevant subjects, including maths and English
- Obtain all the required documents
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0
Requirements for Benue State Government Scholarship
Here are the basic requirements needed to be considered for this scholarship.
- Complete an online scholarship application.
- Submit all the necessary documents.
- Undergo the assessment processes before you can be shortlisted
Applicants must submit these documents when applying for this scholarship
- Certificate of State of Origin
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC)
- Senior School Certificate Examinations results (SSCE)
- JAMB admission letter
- School admission letter
- Birth Certificate
- Statement of result containing your CGPA.
- Recent passport photograph
How To Apply For Benue State Government Scholarship
Applicants should apply via the official website for Benue State Government Scholarship.
The deadline for the application will soon be out once the scholarship form is out.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as the application portal opens.
Tips to Apply and Win the Benue State Government Scholarship
Refer to the tips below to have a successful application and stand a better chance of being considered for the award.
- Confirm your eligibility: As the scholarship is made available for the indigenous students of Benue State enrolled as an undergraduate school, ensure you fall into this category before clicking the apply button.
- Meet the requirements: The scholarship requirements are the most for you to meet. Ensure that you meet the requirements of the scholarships to know what to expect, and you can equip yourself accordingly.
- Begin your application early: The application for this scholarship is not available at this moment. You are advised to commence your application as soon as the application portal opens. Starting your application sooner will give you enough edge to be at the forefront, and you get enough time to gather all the required materials.
- Keep track of the application deadline and make sure that you submit all the required materials before the due date.
- Follow the instructions on the scholarship website or the scholarship committee to avoid nullifying your application.
- Before you submit your application, ensure that you proofread your application and all other materials to ensure no errors and that everything is in order.
- Follow up on your application with the scholarship committee to show them that you are interested in the scholarship and willing to put in the extra effort.
The Benue State Government Scholarship was created by the Benue State Government and funded through the state bursary to provide monetary funds to students with limited resources to support their academic pursuits.
Applicants are to apply via the official website of the scholarship. All required documents are to be scanned and uploaded on the application website during the application process.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as the application portal opens, as a late application may not be considered.
You can send an email to https://benuestate.gov.ng/ if you have further questions.
We wish you good luck when you apply.