Bayelsa States government understand that scholarship is an aid to help students to finance their education.
As such, the Bayelsa State Scholarship was organised to help raise funds for students in tertiary institutions who shows financial needs.
The Bayelsa State Scholarship is a part of the state welfare and social duties of the Government.
The Bayelsa state government awards it through the state bursary.
If you are an indigenous student of the state and you are looking forward to applying for the scholarship, this article gives you the best guide and tips to apply for Bayelsa State Scholarship.
Overview of Bayelsa State Government
The Bayelsa State Government awards the Bayelsa State Scholarship.
The Bayelsa State Scholarship Board (BSSB) is funding this scholarship under the ministry of Education.
The Bursary scheme provides Bayelsa State Scholarship to undergraduate students with relevant training and learning skills.
Students studying at a recognised polytechnic or university in the state are sufficiently qualified.
Furthermore, the Bayelsa State Government has developed this scholarship program for students from the state. This is done to produce graduates and human resources who would contribute reasonably to the growth of the state and country’s economy.
This scholarship program promises to support students throughout their tertiary studies.
As a result, universities, polytechnics, monotechnics, and colleges of education students in the state are eligible to apply for this award.
Bayelsa State Government Scholarship Amount
The amount awarded for this scholarship varies.
It covers the cost of tuition and other educational expenses.
Levels of Study
Undergraduate Students from universities, polytechnics, monotechnics, and colleges of education students in the state are eligible for this scholarship.
Fields of Study
There is no restriction on courses of study that can apply for this scholarship.
The Bayelsa State Government hosts this scholarship through the Bayelsa State Bursary.
This scholarship is hosted in Bayelsa State, Nigeria.
Indigenous Students of Bayelsa State are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligible Local Government for Bayelsa State Scholarship
Here is a list of eligible local government areas In Bayelsa State that can apply for this scholarship.
- Southern Ijaw
Indigenous Students of Bayelsa State attending universities, polytechnics, monotechnics, and colleges of education students in the state can apply for this scholarship.
Bayelsa State Government Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
To apply for this scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be an indigenous Bayelsa State student.
- Be a full-time degree student in any of the tertiary institutions in Bayelsa.
- Please have at least 5 credits on their O’ Level certificate. (English Language and Literature are most important)
- Demonstrate that you have financial needs and are deserving of financial assistance.
- Have five (5) credit grades in WASC/GCE/SSCE, with Mathematics as one of them.
Requirements for Bayelsa State Scholarship
Here are the basic requirements needed to be considered for this scholarship.
- Complete an online scholarship application.
- Submit all the necessary documents.
- Undergo the assessment processes before you can be shortlisted
Applicants must submit the following documents during the application process:
- O’Level certificate
- NECO, NABTEB, GCE or WAEC results
- First School Living Certificate (FSLC)
- Jamb Admission letter
- School Admission letter
- Certificate of Local Government of Origin
- Recent Passport Photographs
- Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age
All supporting documents should be saved in JPEG format and less than 500kb before uploading them.
Note: Applicants must provide their bank account information and verify their eligibility before submitting their application.
The bank account information must be the same educational information you provided, such as first name, middle name, and surname.
How to Apply for Bayelsa State Government Scholarship
Applicants should visit https://bayelsastate.gov.ng/ to apply for this scholarship.
Application Due Date
The deadline for the submission of the application is not available.
Tips to Apply for the Bayelsa State Scholarship
Refer to the tips below to have a successful application and stand a better chance of being considered for the award.
- Confirm your eligibility: As the scholarship is made available for the indigenous students of Bayelsa State enrolled as an undergraduate school, ensure you fall into this category before clicking the apply button.
- Meet the requirements: The scholarship requirements are the most for you to meet. Ensure that you meet the requirements of the scholarships to know what to expect, and you can equip yourself accordingly.
- Begin your application early: The application for this scholarship is not available at this moment. You are advised to commence your application as soon as the application portal opens. Starting your application sooner will give you enough edge to be at the forefront, and you get enough time to gather all the required materials.
- Keep track of the application deadline and make sure that you submit all the required materials before the due date.
- Follow the instructions on the scholarship website or the scholarship committee to avoid nullifying your application.
- Before you submit your application, ensure that you proofread your application and all other materials to ensure no errors and that everything is in order.
- Follow up on your application with the scholarship committee to show them that you are interested in the scholarship and willing to put in the extra effort.
The Bayelsa State scholarship was created by the Bayelsa State Government and funded through the state bursary to provide monetary funds to students with limited resources to support their academic pursuits.
Applicants are to apply via the official website of the scholarship. All required documents are to be scanned and uploaded on the application website during the application process.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as the application portal opens, as a late application may not be considered.
You can send an email to email@example.com if you have further questions.
We wish you good luck when you apply.