As part of their welfare and social responsibility, the Anambra State Government awards the Anambra State Scholarship to indigenous and academic students of Anambra State through the state bursary.
The scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students attending schools in Anambra who have issues with funding their education.
This article contains guidelines and tips for applying for and winning the Anambra State Scholarship without hassles.
Overview of Anambra State Scholarship
Alhambra State is one of the few states in Nigeria looking for ways to acquire good and quality education for its indigenes.
The Anambra State Scholarship award is given to assist undergraduate students in institutions of learning, particularly those who have limited funds to sponsor their academic pursuits.
The Anambra State Government usually funds the Scholarship through the State’s Bursary. Many students have benefited from the Anambra State Scholarship Program.
Indigenous Students of Anambra can receive this award if they attend a school in Anambra or study outside of the country. Once they are eligible and indigene, they are qualified to apply for this scholarship.
Level of Study
Undergraduate Students studying in any institution of learning are eligible for this scholarship.
Field of Study
The Anambra State Scholarship is not restricted to any field of Study.
The amount awarded for this scholarship is not available. The scholarship fund caters for total tuition fees and other essential expenses.
Alhambra State Scholarship hosts this scholarship through the state’s bursary.
The Anambra State Scholarship is hosted and taken in the Anambra State.
Only citizens of Nigeria who are indigenous students of Anambra State are eligible for this scholarship.
Eligible Local Government Area
The following local government area in Anambra are eligible for the Anambra State Scholarship:
- Anambra East
- Anambra West
- Awka North
- Awka South
- Idemili North
- Idemili South
- Nnewi North
- Nnewi South
- Onitsha North
- Onitsha South
- Orumba North
- Orumba South
Eligibility Requirements for Anambra State Government Scholarship
Applicants of this scholarship must:
- Be indigenes of Anambra state
- Be enrolled in any government-owned high institution in Nigeria, either federal or state-owned
- Have completed and obtained Secondary School leaving certificate
- Have at least 5 credits in five relevant subjects, including maths and English
- Obtain all the documents required.
Requirements for Anambra State Scholarship
This scholarship requires the applicants to:
- Complete and submit an online application.
- Submit all the necessary documents.
- Undergo the assessment processes before you can be shortlisted
Applicants must submit the following documents during the application process:
- State of origin certificate
- Copies of Passport size photograph.
- Your last session results are stamped and signed by the appropriate authority.
- Your JAMB Admission Letter.
- School Admission Letter
- Your Institutional Valid I.D Card.
Note: All applicants for the Anambra state scholarship program must scan and upload the documents on the application website during the application process.
How to Apply for the Anambra State Government Scholarship
Application for this scholarship is made online. Applicants should visit the official website for Anambra State Scholarship to apply.
Anambra State Scholarship Application Process
To have a successful application process for the Anambra state scholarship program, applicants should follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website of the Anambra state government scholarship board
- Create a profile account
- Enter all your personal information, including names, contact information, and address.
- Login to the portal after you have completed your application and obtain your login details.
- Register on the website
- Scan all the documents required mentioned above and upload them.
- Ensure you enter all the correct information with appropriate documents.
The application portal has been closed for now. It will be open soon. You can check the scholarship website for updates.
The deadline for the submission of the application is not available.
Tips to Win the Anambra State Government Scholarship
Refer to the tips below to have a successful application and stand a better chance of being considered for the award.
- Confirm your eligibility: As the scholarship is made available for the indigenous students of Anambra State enrolled as an undergraduate school, ensure you fall into this category before clicking the apply button.
- Meet the requirements: The scholarship requirements are the most for you to meet. Ensure that you meet the requirements of the scholarships to know what to expect, and you can equip yourself accordingly.
- Begin your application early: The application for this scholarship is not available at this moment. You are advised to commence your application as soon as the application portal opens. Starting your application sooner will give you enough edge to be at the forefront, and you get enough time to gather all the required materials.
- Keep track of the application deadline and make sure that you submit all the required materials before the due date.
- Follow all the instructions given on the scholarship website or the scholarship committee to avoid nullifying your application.
- Before you submit your application, ensure that you proofread your application and all other materials to ensure no errors and that everything is in order.
- Follow up on your application with the scholarship committee to show them that you are interested in the scholarship and willing to put in the extra effort to get it.
The Anambra State Scholarship was created by the Anambra State Government and funded through the state bursary to provide financial funds to students who have limited resources to find their academic pursuits.
Applicants are to apply via the official website of the scholarship. All required documents are to be scanned and uploaded on the application website during the application process.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as the application portal opens, as a late application may not be considered.
We wish you good luck when you apply.