All indigenous students of Delta State are invited to apply for the Delta State scholarship.
The Delta State government sponsors the Delta State scholarship through the state Ministry of Education.
However, this scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to students who demonstrate financial needs and are academically well deserving.
This article will also guide on how to apply and win without drawbacks.
Delta State Scholarship: All You Need To Know
The Delta State Scholarship is established as a fraction of the social welfare and collective responsibility of the government to the Delta Indigenes.
The Delta State Government sponsors the Scholarship through the State’s Board.
The Board was established in August 2013 and was saddled with the responsibility of providing financial aid for its indigene with higher education academic.
Also, students who have limited resources be given funds from the state-allocated funds to sponsor their education.
The Board’s vision is to help improve the growth of Delta state indigenous and also build functions around making these funds for academic purposes available and easy to reach.
This award is offered to assist young students in institutions of learning to sponsor the pursuit of their academics.
Many indigenous students have benefited from the Delta State Scholarship Program.
The Delta State scholarship available are categorised into two (2) which are:
- The Delta State Bursary scholarship,
- The International scholarship.
The amount awarded for the Delta State Scholarship varies.
The scholarship fund covers the cost of tuition and other educational expenses.
Level of Study
This scholarship is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students studying in Delta State.
Fields of Study
There is no restricted course of study to apply for this scholarship.
All courses offered in tertiary institutions in Delta State are eligible to apply.
The Delta State Scholarship host this scholarship through the Ministry of Education
The scholarship is hosted and taken in Delta State, Nigeria.
Indigenous Students of Delta State are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligible Local Government Areas
The following is the list of local government areas eligible to apply for the Delta State Scholarship.
- Aniocha North
- Aniocha South
- Ethiope East
- Ethiope West
- Ika North East
- Ika South
- Isoko North
- Isoko South
- Ndokwa East
- Ndokwa West
- Oshimili North
- Oshimili South
- Patani, Delta
- Sapele, Delta
- Udu, Nigeria
- Ughelli North
- Ughelli South
- Ukwuani people
- Warri North
- Warri South
- Warri South West
This scholarship is awarded to indigenous students undergoing undergraduate programs in any tertiary institution in the state.
Applicants must have completed SSCE and have gained admission into any tertiary institution in Delta state.
Only recognised and approved public and private-owned schools are qualified to apply, i.e. universities, Polytechnics, and College of Education
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the scholarship.
- Be an indigent of Delta State
- Be a full-time student of an approved institution in the country.
- Be in 200 level and above.
- Have e their NIN when applying for both state and international scholarship
- Be based in Nigeria and also present evidence backing it.
- Have shown leadership qualities and also perform excellently in academics.
- Have a CGPA of 3.00
- International applicants must pass the University’s English language requirements (of at least 6.5 in IELTS or equivalent TOEFL score obtainable for the session being applied.
Requirements for Delta State Scholarship
The basic requirement for the scholarship is listed below:
- Complete an online scholarship application.
- Submit all the necessary documents.
- Undergo the assessment processes before you can be shortlisted
Applicants must submit these documents when applying for the Delta state scholarship
- Certificate of State of Origin
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC)
- Senior School Certificate Examinations results (SSCE)
- JAMB admission letter
- School admission letter
- Birth Certificate
- Statement of result containing your CGPA.
- Recent passport photograph
- Students identification letter
- Students’ transcripts containing their previous academic performance details.
- Students ID Card
How to Apply for the Delta State Scholarship
Application for this scholarship is made online.
Applicants should apply via the official website of the Delta State Scholarship.
Important Note to All Applicants
- All applicants must pay a sum of eight hundred naira as an application fee using their debit or credit card.
- Upon the confirmation of payment, applicants can Log in to complete registration.
- All applicants must file a new application form and submit it online.
- Fill in the correct details required, e.g. personal details, bank details, and academic details.
- Print out your acknowledgement receipt once the registration is completed.
- Ensure all details submitted during this registration are correct, as all evidence submitted will be verified, and incorrect information will disqualify you immediately.
- If you encounter any technical issues during the registration process, email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Application Due Date
The deadline for the submission of the application is not available.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the scholarship site for updates and apply as soon as the portal is open.
Tips to Apply and Win the Delta State Scholarship
Refer to the tips below to have a successful application and stand a better chance of being considered for the award.
- Confirm your eligibility: As the scholarship is made available for the indigenous students of Delta state enrolled as an undergraduate school, ensure you fall into this category before clicking the apply button.
- Meet the requirements: The scholarship requirements are the most for you to meet. Ensure that you meet the requirements of the scholarships to know what to expect, and you can equip yourself accordingly.
- Begin your application early: The application for this scholarship is not available at this moment. You are advised to commence your application as soon as the application portal opens. Starting your application sooner will give you enough edge to be at the forefront, and you get enough time to gather all the required materials.
- Keep track of the application deadline and make sure that you submit all the required materials before the due date.
- Follow the instructions on the scholarship website or the scholarship committee to avoid nullifying your application.
- Before submitting your application, ensure that you proofread your application and all other materials to ensure no errors and that everything is in order.
- Follow up on your application with the scholarship committee to show them that you are interested in the scholarship and willing to put in the extra effort.
The Delta State Scholarship was created by the Delta State Government and funded through the state bursary to provide monetary funds to students with limited resources to support their academic pursuits.
Applicants are to apply via the official website of the scholarship. All required documents are to be scanned and uploaded on the application website during the application process.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as the application portal opens, as a late application may not be considered.
You can send an email to https://deltastate.gov.ng/ if you have further questions.
We wish you good luck when you apply.